Yesterday I was reading Apercevoir's article about the birthday reminders and blue noses. :)
I suggested she use Yahoo for it. That got me into writing this post.
At Yahoo, I get a bunch of services under one roof and a single sign-on. Bill Thomson at BBC had an interesting article about this yesterday. I agree with him. I subscribe to so many websites on the internet that I have store to all the website accounts and passwords in a file. Being at Yahoo, I can avoid at least a few. For example, the ever annoying birthdayalarm. Did you ever get a birthday request from them? If yes, you know what I mean.
Here all the Yahoo services I use regularly,
1. Yahoo! Mail : Of course!. I have like 5 e-mail ids. :)
2. Yahoo! Groups: My school and ex-office-mate groups are hosted here.
3. Yahoo! Bookmarks: I store all my favorite website links on internet and available everywhere. Browser links are only available on the computer.
4. Yahoo! Calendar: I am not busy enough yet to use a calendar. But I use the events tab for storing birthdays, wedding anniversaries and other important events. And I get reminded about them.
5. Yahoo! Photos: I create personal photo albums that I send back to my family.
6. Yahoo! Briefcase: I backup my files over here incase my computer should crash.
7. Yahoo! Geocities: My personal websites are over here.
8. Yahoo! Addressbook: My personal address book available for lookup anywhere.
They have many more services that I never or rarely use.
One stop shop. Why would I go anywhere else?
Thanks Yahoo for keeping it free. Hopefully for ever. :)